Why should you invest in video to market your business? The answer is simple.
Today’s consumers love stories. They want to know who they’re buying from, and where, and there’s no better, more efficient way to tell them your story than through video in Door County. Watch the video to find out how Peninsula Filmworks can help you tell your Door County story in the way that your potential customers want to consume it – on their computers, tablets and phones.
Five years ago business owners questioned whether they could afford online video marketing. Today, the better question is if they can afford NOT to.
Smartphones, tablets, and the integration of video into social media platforms have made for an amazing online video viewing experience. It has also made businesses without video less and less visible to search engines and consumers.
Can you afford to be invisible online?
Why Video Should Be a Part Of Your Marketing Plan
1. Video is the most effective online medium
“Youtube gives brands the best platform and enables them to build stories that people choose to watch.” – Stephanie Davis, Industry Director of Travel for Google, 2014
“Online adults living in higher income households with an annual income of $75,000 or more are particularly likely to post or share videos online.” – Pew Research, 2013
“Online video outperforms all other media including Rich Media and Flash in four out of five different advertising metrics, including Brand Awareness, Online Ad Awareness, Brand Favorability and Purchase Intent.” – Industry Report: The State of Online Video, Dynamic Logic and Tape Mogul, April 2010
2. Everyone is watching video, everywhere
With the advent of smartphones and tablets digital media and video is interwoven into everyday life. People research vacations online, and once traveling, they make purchase decisions from their phones. Vacationers refuse to unplug from the internet and expect to find you on their phone wherever they are.
- The rise of online video has shifted users to larger and larger smartphones to make video viewing better.
- 60% of all online traffic now comes on mobile devices, and 35% of organic search traffic comes via mobile interfaces.
- 40% of YouTube watch time comes on mobile devices. – YouTube, 2014
- Greater than 78% of the entire US population views online video advertising in any given month. – Pew Research, 2013
- Consumer internet video traffic will comprise 69% of internet traffic by 2017. – Cisco, 2014
- YouTube serves over 2 billion views per day – more than double the entire United States prime time television audience. – YouTube, 2014
- YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18 – 34 than any cable network – Nielsen
- Youtube is the world’s 2nd largest search engine
- Travel and lodging videos accounted for 270 million views in the fourth quarter of 2013. – Skift, 2014
3. Video is more persuasive than other mediums
“Studies show that YouTube is the strongest social network at introducing new products to the consumer and for driving sales conversions.” – ReelSEO, 2014
“The data tells a clear story: video interactivity doubles purchase behavior.” – TubeMogul, 2013
“Online ads using audio and video achieve a greater impact on Brand Awareness at a lower frequency exposure than other standard online ad formats. In fact, exposure to audio/video ads increases Brand Awareness by 10 percentage points.” – Video Ads Achieve Greater Branding Impact With Fewer Impressions, Dynamic Logic.